A Bigger Fish is a Quest of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. For this quest, Martino is wanting a group of Royal Deadfire Company sailors ousted from the Wild Mare in Queen's Berth.
- Find the sailors.
- Get the sailors to leave.
- Return to Martino.
- This quest is obtained from Martino Valera, on the second floor of the Valera estate. You may need to complete Salt in the Wound first as well as Martino acquiring a token of your loyalty by getting rid of the Royal Deadfire Company sailors at The Wild Mare.
- Agree to help him to learn there are some sailors encroaching on his business. Leave the estate and head to the Wild Mare. Go to the second floor and onto the balcony where you'll find the group, as well as Shrimp.
- You can do this in two ways, either in bloodshed as Martino wants, or peacefully. Simply intimidate or attack the group if you kill them. In order to ask them to leave peacefully, you can do the following:
- Complete the A Sinking Feeling side quest first to unlock a dialog for Zili Valera which you'll be able to ask him for help to deal with the sailors. After that's done, speak to the sailors, use Bluff (4) for them to leave and they'll head on over to Zili.
- You can also threaten the group if you have Maia Rua in your party, the sailors will recognize her and leave the tavern.
- Report back to Martino now that it's done and you can wrap up the quest and claim your rewards.
- A Bigger Fish
- Martino wants a few Rauataian sailors expelled from the vicinity of the Queen's Berth tavern.
- Find the sailors
- Martino wants a group of Royal Deadfire Company sailors ousted from the Wild Mare in Queen's Berth. He seemed to favor a permanent solution.
- Martino mentioned that the sailors were singing outside of the Wild Mare.
- Zili Valera offered to play for the Rauatai sailors if it keeps them away from the tavern.
- Get the sailors to leave
- I think I've found the group Martino was talking about, carousing on the balcony of the Wild Mare. Now I just have to get them to clear out.
- Return to Martino
- The soldiers have been dealt with. Martino will be waiting for me back at the Valera estate.
- Someone critical to the completion of this quest has been killed.
- Martino was pleased with my work, though it seems he's been working at some other scheme in the meantime. He intends to move against the Bardattos next. I urged against it, but I think I'm running out of time to convince these families to come to terms.
- Martino was pleased with my work, though it seems he's been working at some other scheme in the meantime. He intends to move against the Bardattos next and has promised to call on me once he's ready to strike. This feud is escalating in a hurry.
- With the feud resolved, Martino's machinations are unnecessary.
- Killing Shrimp will result in being able to loot the Ring of the Marksman, which grants (8) Accuracy and (1) Penetration to ranged attacks.