A Shout in the Dark
|Quest Type||DLC Main Quest|
|Region||The Black Isles|
|Location||Temple of Revelation
The Assembly of Echoes
Euthanize the prisoners:
A Shout in the Dark is a Quest of the DLC, The Forgotten Sanctum in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Tayn wants the Watcher to liberate the captive kith in the Collections wing of the Halls Obscured with a scroll that he created.
- Talk to Llengrath about Tayn's quest
- Enter the Collections.
- Find the source of the screams.
- Use the Memory Hoarder's Organ
- Use Llengrath's scroll instead of Tayn's.
- Return to Llengrath or Tayn.
- After speaking with Tayn and Llengrath at Temple of Revelation, proceed to Collections. (you need to talk to Llengrath to get her scroll)
- You need to explore Hall of Reconfiguration and enter The Assembly of Echoes.
- Defeat the Memory Hoarder, then Approach the nexus, which will present you with three choices:
- Read Tayn's spell into the aperture: Return to Tayn later and he'll inform you he wrote a little something extra into his spell that will cause the prisoners who knew too much to be "extra talkative", thus revealing the secrets the Hand Occult tried to suppress. You will receive 11810 XP and 5x Implosion Charge.
- Read Llengrath's spell into the aperture: Return to Llengrath and she says you sent the souls to their next life. You will receive 11810 XP and some valuable potions.
- Reach down into the mouth of the instrument: You will an acquire an egg. The egg will hatch later and give you a pet.
- After you read the scroll, return to Tayn or Llengrath to complete the quest.
- A Shout in the Dark
- Tayn wants me to liberate the captive kith in the Collections wing of the Halls Obscured. He gave me a scroll which can restore their memories and willpower. All I need to do is read it aloud to the stupefied prisoners from a place they'll all hear it at once.
- Enter the Collections
- The Collections is due southwest of the Temple of Revelation.
- (Alternative) Talk to Llengrath about Tayn's quest
- Tayn wants me to liberate the stupefied prisoners of the Collections. Llengrath may have other thoughts on how to handle the situation.
- Find the source of the screams
- Something in the depths of the Collections is screaming loud enough to echo throughout the entire wing. The effect seems to pacify the prisoners.
- Use the Memory Hoarder's Organ
- The Assembly of Echoes in the lowest level of the Collections houses an instrument capable of projecting my voice. This would be the optimal place for reading Tayn's scroll.
- Alternatively, I can read Llengrath's scroll to provide a merciful death to the stupefied prisoners.
- (Alternative) Use Llengrath's scroll instead of Tayn's
- Llengrath wants me to use her scroll to mercifully kill the prisoners, freeing their souls to move on from their ruined lives.
- Return to Tayn
- I've read Tayn's scroll in the Memory Hoarder's Organ, thus setting the Collections prisoners free. Tayn should be grateful that I've done as he asked.
- Return to Llengrath
- The prisoners of the Collections are dead. Llengrath should be pleased, but Tayn may be disappointed.
- I used Tayn's spell to liberate the Collections prisoners.
- I used Llengrath's spell to merficully end the lives of the Collections prisoners.
- I killed the prisoners of the Collections.