|Roles||Crowd Control & Defender|
|Health||46 Base +16 per level|
2 2 2 2 2
Barbarian is a Class in Pillars of Eternity 2. Reckless and ferocious warriors from the more remote cultures found across the world. They have great group-fighting abilities both melee offense and personal defense.
"They are the wild, unconventional counterparts to fighters – distinguished by their recklessness, ferocity, and their predilection to substitute raw aggression for discipline. Lacking the accuracy and strong Deflection of the fighter, the barbarian makes up for his lack of discipline through sheer speed, savagery, and abilities tailored for fighting groups of enemies. Barbarians are a challenge to deal with on a battlefield, though they are vulnerable to exhaustion if they don't pace themselves."
Barbarian Tips & Builds
- A full list of builds for all classes can be found on the Builds page.
- Barbarians deal great AoE damage because of their passive ability Carnage. For this reason it is advised to place them near many enemies.
- Intellect will increase the radius your Carnage can hit, although there is no way to visually measure it.
- Barbarians lack Defense and Healing, so Multiclassing with another Class that has 1 or both of these things can be extremely helpful.
- Because of the lack of Healing, it is advised Barbarians place points into Athletics in order to get a bigger heal from Second Wind.
- Attacking often is extremely important to Barbarians because it increases the amount of times Carnage will trigger. For this reason it is recommend that you use Two Weapon Style. Each Full Attack will trigger Carnage twice as long as each Hits or Crits.
- When Multiclassing, Unarmed attacks by Monks are considered two weapons if you have nothing in your off-hand.
- When Multiclassing, attacks while Spiritshifted Druids are considered two weapons, unless you selected the Fury Subclass.
- Frenzy reduces Cast Time and Recovery Time of spells as well.
Bonus: Tenacious (+5 Might, + 2 Penetration) and Hardy (+5 Constitution, + 2 Armor Rating) are the Inspirations gained while Frenzied.
This replaces Strong (+5 Might) and Fit (+5 Constitution) Inspirations.
Gaint 30% Hit to Crit conversion on melee and carnage attacks while frenzied.
Penalty: Confused status inflicts -5 Intellect and turns all Carnage attacks into Friend or Foe, resulting in friendly fire.
Players also take Raw Damage at the rate of 2 Raw Damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, -10 Deflection. Cannot see Health when frenzied.
Bonus: Gain the Ability Flesh Communion, target a hostile deceased Kith, Wilder or Beast to devour their corpses.
Flesh Communion also heals for 50 Health and grants +3 Rage and Barbarian Resources.
Penalty: All Rage abilities increase in cost by 1.
Bonus: Successful melee weapon attacks (or Carnage Hits) add Spell Disruption to the target, causing wizard, priest, druid, cipher, or chanter spells to have a chance to fail when cast. Gain 25% passive Resistance against Spells.
Penalty: Cannot use Potions or Scrolls. Passive Spell Resistance affects Friendly and Hostile spells.
Bonus: Gain Shape Ward: Frenzy at Power Level 1. Gain Shape Ward: Fear at Power Level 4. Gain Shape Ward: Blood at Power Level 8.
Gain bonus +10 Accuracy against Spirit targets.
Penalty: If a ward is destroyed, take immediate Raw damage and Power Level penalty until combat ends.
Will is reduced (-15 Will).
|Howler: + Chanter||43 Base +13 per level||20/20||17||25||20||20|
|Witch: + Cipher||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||17||25||17||22|
|Tempest: + Druid||43 Base +13 per level||20/20||17||27||22||17|
|Brute: + Fighter||44 Base +14 per level||20/20||17||25||20||15|
|Ravager: + Monk||44 Base +14 per level||20/20||17||25||22||20|
|Fanatic: + Paladin||44 Base +14 per level||20/20||17||27||17||20|
|Shaman: + Priest||43 Base +13 per level||20/20||17||25||20||20|
|Savage: + Ranger||44 Base +14 per level||20/20||17||25||20||17|
|Marauder: + Rogue||43 Base +13 per level||20/20||17||22||25||17|
|Warlock: + Wizard||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||17||22||20||25|
Barbarian Multiclass Skill Table
|Howler: + Chanter||-||1||1||-||-||1||1||1||1||2||-||1||-||-||-||1|
|Witch: + Cipher||-||-||1||-||1||1||1||1||-||1||1||1||1||-||-||1|
|Tempest: + Druid||1||-||1||1||-||-||1||-||-||1||-||1||1||1||-||2|
|Brute: + Fighter||-||-||2||1||-||-||1||-||-||1||-||2||-||-||1||2|
|Ravager: + Monk||1||-||2||-||-||-||1||-||-||1||1||1||1||1||-||1|
|Fanatic: + Paladin||-||1||2||-||-||-||1||-||1||1||-||2||-||1||-||1|
|Shaman: + Priest||1||1||1||-||-||-||1||-||1||2||-||1||-||1||-||1|
|Savage: + Ranger||1||-||1||-||-||-||2||1||1||1||-||1||-||-||-||2|
|Marauder: + Rogue||-||-||1||-||1||-||2||1||-||1||1||1||-||-||1||1|
|Warlock: + Wizard||-||1||1||1||-||-||1||-||-||2||1||1||1||-||-||
Barbarian Abilities in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire are actions that may only be performed by characters of the Barbarian class or its hybrids. All abilities are divided into active and passive abilities. The Barbarian Ability Tree focuses on AoE and is well-complemented by a Builds that focus on dealing AoE and Weapon damage.
Why do none of the classes list their favored and preferred Attributes?
Correct the page, please. Mage slayer has no -50% beneficial effect duration anymore