Berserker is a Subclass of Barbarian in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Subclasses are a specialization of a main Class, and can be mixed for Multiclassing. The name of the resulting mix will be the same as it would have been for the primary class, regardless of the subclass you have taken.
"Giving themselves over entirely to their rage, berserkers lose themselves in their frenzy. They become oblivious to their own well-being, their carnage affecting both friend and foe. Though highly respected by their communities, berserkers often live solitary lives. Many are haunted by their own anger and the damage it causes to those around them."
Berserker Subclass Information
- Tenacious (+5 Might, + 2 Penetration) and Hardy (+5 Constitution, + 2 Armor Rating) are the Inspirations gained while Frenzied.
This replaces Strong (+5 Might) and Fit (+5 Constitution) Inspirations.
- Gaint 30% Hit to Crit conversion on melee and carnage attacks while frenzied.
- Confused status inflicts -5 Intellect and turns all Carnage attacks into Friend or Foe, resulting in friendly fire.
- Players also take Raw Damage at the rate of 2 Raw Damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, -10 Deflection.
- Cannot see Health when frenzied.
Berserker Tips & Notes
- See Builds for ideas on how to create strong characters
- Berserkers take continual damage while Frenzied, and cannot see their Health in exchange for more Critical Hits, more Penetration and Armor. If you Multiclass, aim to pick Classes that give some sort of bonus on Crit or ones that heal you in some manner. Devoted, Streetfighter and Skald all make great choices.
- This Subclass is not recommended for new players because Berserkers can be quite stressful, and a better understanding of the game goes a long way into playing them effectively.
- Resolve will reduce the Duration of the negative effects while Frenzied without reducing the positive ones, so is worth considering on the Berserker.
- Humans are the recommended Class when playing a Berserker because they gain Fighting Spirit when Bloodied or Near Death which tips you off that their Health is low even though you cannot see it.
- Note that the Penetration and Armor still apply, even if you aren't in melee. Making them a good choice if you need extra of either.
Ancient ♦ Animist ♦ Arcane Archer ♦ Ascendant ♦ Assassin ♦ Beckoner ♦ Beguiler ♦ Bellower ♦ Berath ♦ Black Jacket ♦ Bleak Walkers ♦ Blood Mage ♦ Conjurer ♦ Corpse-Eater ♦ Darcozzi Paladini ♦ Debonaire ♦ Devoted ♦ Enchanter ♦ Eothas ♦ Evoker ♦ Forbidden Fist ♦ Fury ♦ Fury Shaper ♦ Ghost Heart ♦ Goldpact Knights ♦ Harvester of Gaun ♦ Helwalker ♦ Illusionist ♦ Kind Wayfarers ♦ Lifegiver ♦ Mage Slayer ♦ Magran ♦ Nalpazca ♦ Psion ♦ Rymrgand ♦ Sharpshooter ♦ Shattered Pillar ♦ Shifter ♦ Skaen ♦ Skald ♦ Soul Blade ♦ Stalker ♦ Stormspeaker ♦ Streetfighter ♦ Tactician ♦ The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga ♦ The Steel Garrote ♦ Transmuter ♦ Trickster ♦ Troubadour ♦ Unbroken ♦ Wael ♦ Watershaper ♦ Wild Mind ♦ Woedica