Blow the Man Down
|Quest Type||Faction Quest|
|Region||Deadfire - Southwest|
Make a deal with Benweth:
Blow the Man Down is a Quest in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Watcher seeks vengeance of the pirate that attacked the Watcher at sea. This is a faction quest of Principi.
- Sail to Fort Deadlight.
- Locate Benweth.
- Find a means to reach Benweth.
- Confront Benweth.
- Sail to Fort Deadlight, use Principi to avoid attack.
- The Fort is full of pirates unless you plan to kill all of them. You need to find a clever way to approach Benweth. (he is in the command)
- There some merchants in this fort, you may want to trade with them.
- On the west side of the court, you find some pirates drinking. Challenge them to a drinking game, it will draw the attention of guards. Sneak into the forge before the guard return.
- Lamond in the forge recognized you but he's also planing against Benweth. To get his help, you need to free his crew first.
- Use the stairs behind Lamond to reach the dungeon, his crew can be found in a brig at the southeast corner. (if you were uncovered by guards, you can kill them before they sound the alarm)
- Free Lamond's crew, if you can lockpick the door you can find the key on the jailer.
- Back to Lamond, he proposed to steal Benweth's ship and lure him out. (or you can just storm Benweth's quarter on the second level, but he's heavily guarded)
- If you agree to Lamond's plan, move east to the kitchen, use stairs to reach the personal dock beneath the dungeon. Kill the guards there and leave.
- Go to the rooftop to sound the bell, Benweth will come out his quarter. You can decide what to do with him to complete the quest.
- Blow the Man Down
- Furrante, leader of the Príncipi sen Patrena, has revealed the identity and location of the pirate that attacked me at sea - a captain named Benweth who has taken refuge at the pirate haven of Fort Deadlight. He suggested that I could seek my vengeance in Fort Deadlight, and that we have a mutual interest in seeing Benweth fall.
- Sail to Fort Deadlight
- Benweth has returned to Fort Deadlight. This entrenched fortress occupies a small island in the southwestern region of the Deadfire. All manner of pirate crews call Deadlight their home. Getting to Benweth, either through force or subterfuge, won't be easy.
- The master of Fort Deadlight is Aeldys, leader of a large Príncipi subfaction. In her absence, Benweth runs the fortress, though most of its denizens are loyal specifically to Aeldys rather than him.
- Furrante discourages a direct attack against the fort. Its walls, cannons and pirates pose great danger. Instead, he suggests infiltrating unseen or posing as a Príncipi crew.
- If I were to fly a Príncipi banner during my approach to Deadlight then I could dock in its port pretending to be a pirate.
- Locate Benweth
- I've arrived at Deadlight. Benweth is somewhere in the fort. Once I uncover his location, I can worry about how to reach him.
- I've invaded Fort Deadlight by aggressive force. The pirates in the area are sure to openly oppose me.
- I've docked in Fort Deadlight's port, guised as a fellow pirate. If the others discovered my ruse, it could lead to trouble.
- I've approached Fort Deadlight by skiff under the cover of night. The pirates in the fortress have no reason to suspect me on sight, unless I'm caught where I shouldn't be.
- The fort's ramparts and dungeons are currently barred to anyone but Benweth's own shipmates.
- Benweth's guards use a horn to alert the fort to the presence of danger.
- I've learned how to call off Deadlight's alarm by using a guard's horn, though it's not likely to work a second time.
- Find a means to reach Benweth
- Benweth has taken residence in the higher floors of the fort, behind locked doors and loyal pirate guards. The direct route to him appears well-defended, but perhaps there are less obvious ways to get around these obstacles.
- It may be possible to draw Benweth out of Deadlight's well-defended captain's quarters by luring him with a raucous party at the fort's mess hall, the Court.
- Mirke thinks that some of Aeldys' special rum is just what the pirates need to throw a party at Deadlight's Court. A shipment of this prized liquor is now being loaded by crane on the eastern ramparts of the fort.
- Lamond has promised to unlock a door to the fort's higher floors if I will free his crew from the brig in Deadlight's dungeons.
- Lamond's crew is imprisoned in the brig, found in the southeastern part of the dungeons. The keys to the cells should be by the jailer's post or on her person.
- I've acquired Aeldys' private stock of rum. Mirke will be happy to get her hands on it.
- I've freed Lamond's crew from the brig.
- Confront Benweth
- I've found a way into the restricted areas that lead to Deadlight's captain's quarters where Benweth currently resides. While a direct approach is now possible, I can consider other options to deal with him.
- Benweth has been known to play the harpsichord at Deadlight's Court during wild parties.
- Mirke needs some special stew from the cook to kick up the party's intensity at Deadlight's Court.
- Getting to the cook on the northern side of the dungeons requires passing its powder storerooms - and Benweth's guards.
- Lamond has a plan to flush Benweth out of his inner quarters and into the open, away from his guards.
- Lamond will be ready to steal the Drake after I dispose of Benweth's crew in the private docks under Deadlight's dungeons.
- Once the docks are cleared, I'm to ring the bell atop the western ramparts to let Lamond know it's time to steal Benweth's ship.
- I've acquired the special stew that Mirke needs.
- I've cleared the private docks. As soon as I sound the ship departure signal from the ramparts, Lamond will sail away with Benweth's ship, the Drake.
- I've made an impression on the pirates of the Deadfire by defeating Benweth. Captain Furrante, who resides on the island of Dunnage, will be pleased to learn of the meddlesome pirate's demise.
- I've made an impression on the pirates of the Deadfire by exacting vengeance upon Benweth, even if I spared his life in the end. Captain Furrante, who resides on the island of Dunnage, will be pleased to learn of my success.
- Someone critical to this quest has died.
Tips & Tricks