Devoted is a Subclass in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Subclasses are a specialization of a main Class, and can be mixed for Multiclassing. The name of the resulting mix will be the same as it would have been for the primary class, regardless of the subclass you have taken.
"The Devoted are dedicated to the pursuit of a single weapon to the exclusion of all others. They are so attuned to the techniques of their chosen arms that other weapons feel bizarre and alien to them. Because of their extreme specialization, Devoted academies often consist of a single master or a tiny cadre of like-minded disciples."
Devoted Subclass Information
Penalty: -10 Accuracy whenever using a weapon that is not their chosen weapon. Only gain a single proficiency and no new proficiencies during level up.
Devoted Tips & Notes
- See Builds for ideas on how to create strong characters
- Bonuses are applied to Wizard's summoned weapons as well (if multiclassed into a Battlemage).
- Dual Wielding the same weapon does not incur the -10 Accuracy penalty. Nor does wielding a Shield.
- All characters gain Proficiency: Unarmed at level 1, so technically Devoted will have 2 Proficiencies.
- Shifted Druids or Transmuter Wizards will take a penalty when transformed.
- Try to boost your likelihood to Crit to take full advantage of this Class. One-Handed Style helps with this.
Animist ♦ Ascendant ♦ Assassin ♦ Beckoner ♦ Beguiler ♦ Berath ♦ Berserker ♦ Black Jacket ♦ Bleak Walkers ♦ Conjurer ♦ Corpse-Eater ♦ Darcozzi Paladini ♦ Enchanter ♦ Eothas ♦ Evoker ♦ Fury ♦ Ghost Heart ♦ Goldpact Knights ♦ Harvester of Gaun ♦ Helwalker ♦ Illusionist ♦ Kind Wayfarers ♦ Lifegiver ♦ Mage Slayer ♦ Magran ♦ Nalpazca ♦ Rymrgand ♦ Sharpshooter ♦ Shattered Pillar ♦ Shifter ♦ Skaen ♦ Skald ♦ Soul Blade ♦ Stalker ♦ Stormspeaker ♦ Streetfighter ♦ The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga ♦ Transmuter ♦ Trickster ♦ Troubadour ♦ Unbroken ♦ Wael ♦ Watershaper ♦ Wild Mind