Eulogy for the Dead
|Quest Type||Side Quest|
|Location||The Sacred Stair|
Ruata's Walking Cloak
Girdle of Mortal Protection
Eulogy for the Dead is a Quest in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Kasu, High Priest of Berath, wants to recover a sacred text, the Eulogy of Yseyr. The eulogy rests in the catacombs under the Sacred Stair, a place where only those marked by Berath may enter.
- Descend into the Hanging Sepulchers.
- Search the Hanging Sepulchers for Yseyr's Eulogy.
- Return to Kasu in the Temple of Berath.
- Speak to High Priest Kasu at the Temple of Berath, he wants you to recover some sacred text called Eulogy of the Dead. He will give you Eel's Coil to enter the Hanging Sepulchers located at the lower walkway outside the temple.
- Search the Hanging Sepulchers. Be careful this place has a lot of traps. Bring a character of high mechanics skill is a good idea. Also, the risen undead can appear from coffins or other corners so some enemies may be more difficult to handle than they look.
- One of the text can be found in a room at the northeast of the Hanging Sepulchers. Another is in the forgotten Moslem.
- Once you find the 2 pieces of the text, read it to learn the names of the two skeleton guarding Yseyr's chamber. Interact with the skeletons to open the gate.
- You can persuade Yseyr to let you take the text by history and religion skills, otherwise, you'll have to fight him.
- After acquiring all three texts, head back to the temple and speak to Kasu to complete the quest.
- Eulogy for the Dead
- Kasu, High Priest of Berath, wants to recover a sacred text, the Eulogy of Yseyr. The eulogy rests in the catacombs under the Sacred Stair, a place where only those marked by Berath may enter.
- Descend into the Hanging Sepulchers
- Kasu said that the Eulogy of Yseyr was etched into stone tablets that now rest in The Hanging Sepulchers, a complex of catacombs carved under the Sacred Stair.
- I can find the main entrance to the Hanging Sepulchers right outside the Temple of Berath, in the lower walkway.
- Only those bearing the mark of Berath may use the Eel's Coil, a symbol of the goddess, to enter the tombs under the temple.
- I've acquired the Eel's Coil.
- Search the Hanging Sepulchers for Yseyr's Eulogy
- I've found a way inside the Hanging Sepulchers and can begin my search. The eulogy was split into odes written by Yseyr's champions and placed next to their tombs. Finding those tombs will be the first step.
- I found the final piece of the Eulogy of Yseyr.
- A massive door bars further passage into the Hanging Sepulchers. The door is flanked by two skeletons, each adorned by a symbol - one, that of a gate, the other a lantern.
- I've read part of The Eulogy of Yseyr. His champion Faywden, the Lady of Vigils, battled beside him wielding a mace.
- I've acquired part of the eulogy, a section referring to The Vigil.
- I've read part of The Eulogy of Yseyr. His champion Borthwn, the Lord of Heldengate, wielded a spear.
- I've acquired part of the eulogy, a section referring to The Gate.
- Return to Kasu in the Temple of Berath
- I've recovered The Eulogy of Yseyr. Kasu will be eager to obtain the information contained within.
- I've brought to Kasu the stone tablets containing the Eulogy to Yseyr.
- Someone critical to this quest has died.
Tips & Tricks
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!