Fighter is a class in Pillars of Eternity 2. Trained to use a wide variety of traditional melee weapons in combat. Fighters are extremely durable, reliable, and excel at holding positions.
"Fighters form the front line of disciplined armies across the Eastern Reach. Though they are most commonly found in cultures with an organized martial structure, fighters can also be encountered as wandering mercenaries, bodyguards, and other types of sell-swords. The common element that unifies fighters is their heavy focus on endurance and melee defense."
Fighter Tips & Builds
- A full list of builds for all classes can be found on the Builds page.
- Fighters have a much larger focus on specific weapon types than other Classes, so be sure you learn what they all do and what their Weapon Abilities are.
- Fighters Multiclass extremely well, because they have excellent passives that can benefit nearly any class.
- All characters gain Proficiency: Unarmed at level 1 automatically, even Devoted.
- Weapon Proficiency only gives you access to the weapon's Modal Ability and there is no penalty for using a weapon you don't have Proficiency with (unless Devoted). However, there are passives that increase your damage with Proficient weapons, or require Profiicency to use.
Bonus: Start with an additional Weapon Set and Weapon Proficiency. Reduced Recovery time penalty by 1s when switching weapons.
Penalty: Constant Recovery is less effective.
Penalty: Accuracy is penalized whenever using a weapon that is not their chosen weapon (-10). Only gain a single Proficiency and no new Proficiencies during level up.
Penalty: Penetration and Accuracy is reduced when attacking a target that is not threatened by an ally. Gain Tactical Dilemma.
|Brute: + Barbarian||44 Base +14 per level||20/20||17||25||20||15|
|War Caller: + Chanter||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||20||20||20|
|Psyblade: + Cipher||40 Base +10 per level||20/20||20||20||17||22|
|Warden: + Druid||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||22||22||17|
|Brawler: + Monk||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||20||20||22||20|
|Crusader: + Paladin||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||20||22||17||20|
|Cleric: + Priest||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||20||20||20|
|Hunter: + Ranger||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||20||20||20||17|
|Swashbuckler: + Rogue||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||17||25||17|
|Battlemage: + Wizard||40 Base +10 per level||20/20||20||17||20||22|
Fighter Multiclass Skill Table
|Brute: + Barbarian||-||-||2||1||-||-||1||-||-||1||-||2||-||-||1||2|
|War Caller: + Chanter||-||1||1||1||-||1||-||1||1||1||-||1||-||-||1||1|
|Psyblade: + Cipher||-||-||1||1||1||1||-||1||-||-||1||1||1||-||1||1|
|Warden: + Druid||1||-||1||2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||1||1||1||1||2|
|Brawler: + Monk||1||-||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Crusader: + Paladin||-||1||2||1||-||-||-||-||1||-||-||2||-||1||1||1|
|Cleric: + Priest||1||1||1||1||-||-||-||-||1||1||-||1||-||1||1||1|
|Hunter: + Ranger||1||-||1||1||-||-||1||1||1||-||-||1||-||-||1||2|
|Swashbuckler: + Rogue||-||-||1||1||1||-||1||1||-||-||1||1||-||-||2||1|
|Battlemage: + Wizard||-||1||1||2||-||-||-||-||-||1||1||1||1||-||1||1|
Fighter Abilities in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire are actions that may only be performed by characters of the Fighter class or its hybrids. All abilities are divided into active and passive abilities.
The Fighter Ability Tree characterizes for focusing on ?? and is well-complemented by a ?? build.
Fighter Tips & Builds