Godlike is a Race in Pillars of Eternity 2. Five sub-typed of godlikes appear in the game: Avian, Nature, Death, Fire, and Moon. The Watcher can be any of these, except Avian, which is unique to Pallegina.
The godlike are children of the kith ("civilized" races) who have been blessed with physical aspects associated with the gods (though some do not consider it a blessing). These aspects may take many forms and often come with mystical powers. Aberrant head shapes are typical, and godlike are unable to wear protective headgear as it is near-impossible to find anything that fits. Because of their unusual nature and their inability to reproduce, godlike are often viewed with fear and wonder.
As far as anyone can tell, godlike can be born to any race in any part of Eora. They are children of humanoids (most often humans) who have been "blessed" before birth (or cursed, depending on personal or social view) with the physical manifestation of a divine spark granted by the gods. Godlike manifest their divine heritage in a variety of ways: wings, horns, strange birthmarks, talons, odd eyes - but they always manifest it somehow.Though their appearance may vary, there's something unmistakably otherworldly about them. Godlike are viewed differently by the various factions, faiths, and cultures of the world. Sometimes, the reaction they get is overwhelmingly positive. Many times, the reaction is overwhelmingly not.
Godlikes cannot reproduce and that's the reason why marriage is difficult for godlike in many areas because most societies consider marriage to exist for the purpose of raising children. In the Vailian Republics, godlike are legally considered to be without sex or gender regardless of how they appear or self-identify. Legal constructs that explicitly name (favorably or unfavorably) sexes or genders can cause problems for them.
The bodies of fire godlike often resemble hot metal, burnt wood, or stone, with harmless flames that erupt from the cracks in their skin. Fire godlike are objects of both reverence and fear in the Deadfire Archipelago. Many locals believe they have the power to awaken volcanoes - or that killing one will cause a volcano to awaken. In the Dyrwood, fire godlike are often seen as a sign of the blessing of Magran, goddess of war and fire.
The most distrusted of their kind. Strange growths cover their eyes - or, in some case, entire face - giving them a sinister appearance. The growths are transparent for the godlike but opaque from the outside, hiding their features. Death Godlike are commonly killed at birth because many cultures consider them harbingers of doom.
Their divine heritage from the goddess Hylea can be seen through their golden bird-like eyes, the presence of fully developed nictitating membranes, and the feathers that grow from their skin.
Appear to be a fusion of human and animal features, often covered by plants, moss, or fungi. This has led to the common stigma that they are diseased, and many are killed at birth because of it. Many druidic orders have a keen interest in Nature Godlike because of their general curiosity as to how souls occupy animals, plants, and stones.
Moon Godlike are the most tolerated of the godlike. While their skin tone and a large moon-like growth on their foreheads may be strange to some, their appearances are generally considered more palatable by the other kith. Sailors have many beliefs about Moon Godlike and their propensity to bring luck, though there is little agreement as to what kind of luck they tend to bring. They have physical properties associating them with the moon and water, which are both aspects of Ondra.
Godlike Race Bonuses
- Godlike are handled differently than the other races in character generation: you choose the type and the parent's race instead of choosing a sub-race. Godlikes of all subtypes get attribute bonuses to their Dexterity and Intellect, but they can't wear any headgear. Each subtype has a different passive bonus that is a little more powerful than passive bonuses from other races.
- Death Godlike – Pallid Fate: Death godlike gain increased Power Level when they are Near Death.
- Nature Godlike – Wellspring Of Life: The souls of nature godlike respond powerfully to Inspiration. While a nature godlike is under the effects of any Might, Constitution, or Dexterity Inspiration they benefit from an increased Power Level.
- Fire Godlike – Ashen Skin: Fire godlike's skin is naturally resistant to Burn damage.
- Fire Godlike - Battle-Forged: When fire godlike are Bloodied or Near Death, their bodies harden, granting additional Armor Rating, and their souls lash out at attackers, causing Burn damage to anyone who hits them in melee.
- Moon Godlike – Silver Tide: The souls of all moon godlike are connected to reserves of healing energy. In combat, the first time a moon godlike is Hurt, Bloodied, or Near Death, they will automatically generate a wave of healing around themselves.
- Elusive Quarry (Avian Godlike) – +10 Deflection against ranged attacks, +10 Defense when Disengaging while Endurance below 50%, +3 Perception while Endurance below 50%.
Godlike Tips & Notes