Helwalker is a Subclass of Monk in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Subclasses are a specialization of a main Class, and can be mixed for Multiclassing. The name of the resulting mix will be the same as it would have been for the primary class, regardless of the subclass you have taken.
"All Helwalkers undergo a ceremonial death rite as part of their initiation. The experience allows them to start combat with extra Wounds and to draw physical strength from their Wounds at the cost of increased vulnerability."
Helwalker Subclass Information
- Helwalker Monks take 5% more damage for each Wound they have.
Helwalker Tips & Notes
- See Builds for ideas on how to create strong characters
- Consider not taking Lesser Wounds, if you'd like for Wounds to build up more slowly. This will prevent you from taking too much Damage too quickly.
- Use Stunning Blow and Force of Anguish to Stun and Interrupt targets and prevent them from hitting you.
- Paladins possess many good defensive Abilities as well as heals. Many passives just give you outright Defense, and they have Auras that are very effective. Retribution is also nice as it increases your damage the more you are hit, which synergizes well here. Consider taking the Shieldbearers of St. Elcga Subclass to gain access to a version of Lay on Hands that prevents you from dying for 5 seconds.
- Fighters have Constant Recovery that heals you for the first 45 seconds of combat, which helps to offset some of the increased damage you will take. On top of that they have many defensive passives, and Stances that can keep you alive. Lastly, the skill Unbending will actually heal you for 50% of the damage you take. Higher damage taken + high Might = BIG HEALS.
- Priests have many healing spells that you will be able to use to great effect because of high Might. Consider Multiclassing with a Priest if you want to be more of a hybrid character and add some spells to your repertoire.
- Druids can not only increase the damage they do with Weapons, but they have an Ability called Taste of the Hunt which does extremely high Raw Damage over time while healing you. This synergizes really well with the high Might Helwalkers gain from Wounds, because the Might increases both the damage and healing of the Ability.
- Classes that have Monastic Unarmed Training will have this replaced with Transcendent Suffering, and you will not be able to select it.
Ancient ♦ Animist ♦ Arcane Archer ♦ Ascendant ♦ Assassin ♦ Beckoner ♦ Beguiler ♦ Bellower ♦ Berath ♦ Berserker ♦ Black Jacket ♦ Bleak Walkers ♦ Blood Mage ♦ Conjurer ♦ Corpse-Eater ♦ Darcozzi Paladini ♦ Debonaire ♦ Devoted ♦ Enchanter ♦ Eothas ♦ Evoker ♦ Forbidden Fist ♦ Fury ♦ Fury Shaper ♦ Ghost Heart ♦ Goldpact Knights ♦ Harvester of Gaun ♦ Illusionist ♦ Kind Wayfarers ♦ Lifegiver ♦ Mage Slayer ♦ Magran ♦ Nalpazca ♦ Psion ♦ Rymrgand ♦ Sharpshooter ♦ Shattered Pillar ♦ Shifter ♦ Skaen ♦ Skald ♦ Soul Blade ♦ Stalker ♦ Stormspeaker ♦ Streetfighter ♦ Tactician ♦ The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga ♦ The Steel Garrote ♦ Transmuter ♦ Trickster ♦ Troubadour ♦ Unbroken ♦ Wael ♦ Watershaper ♦ Wild Mind ♦ Woedica