Skald is a Subclass of Chanter in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Subclasses are a specialization of a main Class, and can be mixed for Multiclassing. The name of the resulting mix will be the same as it would have been for the primary class, regardless of the subclass you have taken.
"While many chanters prefer to work their magic from the safety of the back lines, skalds depend on toe-to-toe combat to power their invocation. Skalds are found in many cultures with a proud martial tradition, celebrating the deeds of their neighbors, kin, and ancestors."
Skald Subclass Information
- Offensive Invocations have reduced cost of -1 Phrase.
- Weapon Critical Hits have a 50% chance to grant +1 Phrase.
- Non-Offensive Invocations have an increased cost of +1 Phrase.
Skald Tips & Notes
- See Builds for ideas on how to create strong characters
- Skalds have a 50% chance to gain 1 Phrase with a Critical Hit when using a Melee Weapon, so it's good to look for Abilities that increase Crit Chance.
- Barbarians and Rogues make good choices here because they can Crit more often than other Classes.
- Offensive Invocations generally have a very short range, making it hard to use them outside of melee combat.
Ancient ♦ Animist ♦ Arcane Archer ♦ Ascendant ♦ Assassin ♦ Beckoner ♦ Beguiler ♦ Bellower ♦ Berath ♦ Berserker ♦ Black Jacket ♦ Bleak Walkers ♦ Blood Mage ♦ Conjurer ♦ Corpse-Eater ♦ Darcozzi Paladini ♦ Debonaire ♦ Devoted ♦ Enchanter ♦ Eothas ♦ Evoker ♦ Forbidden Fist ♦ Fury ♦ Fury Shaper ♦ Ghost Heart ♦ Goldpact Knights ♦ Harvester of Gaun ♦ Helwalker ♦ Illusionist ♦ Kind Wayfarers ♦ Lifegiver ♦ Mage Slayer ♦ Magran ♦ Nalpazca ♦ Psion ♦ Rymrgand ♦ Sharpshooter ♦ Shattered Pillar ♦ Shifter ♦ Skaen ♦ Soul Blade ♦ Stalker ♦ Stormspeaker ♦ Streetfighter ♦ Tactician ♦ The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga ♦ The Steel Garrote ♦ Transmuter ♦ Trickster ♦ Troubadour ♦ Unbroken ♦ Wael ♦ Watershaper ♦ Wild Mind ♦ Woedica
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!