The Higher-Ups is a Quest of the DLC, Beast of Winter in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Harbinger Brythe has asked the Watcher to take care of a problem facing the Rymrgand worshippers of Harbingers' Watch - the cultists that arrived at the Dead Floe before them.
- Defeat the pilgrims at Outcrop on High
- Speak with Brythe at Harbingers' Dwelling.
- After you complete the quest An Honored Guest, climb the ice mountain to the top. There you will find the camp of pilgrims, protected by three sigils. Defeat them and take the Horns of the Aurochs, Amulet of Greater Health, Boots of the White you can then report to Harbinger Brythe.
- Harbinger Brythe turns out to be quite upset about killing the pilgrims, she will give you another quest The Last Pilgrimage.
- An Honored Guest
- A letter sealed with the symbol of the god Rymrgand arrived for me. I should read it.
- (Alternate) A group called the Harbingers of Dusk have invited me to a feast in my honor at Harbingers' Watch in the Dead Floe.
- Read the wax-sealed letter
- A messenger delivered a leather scroll sealed with the emblem of the aurochs to my ship. I should read it when I have a chance.
- Journey to Harbingers' Watch
- A group calling themselves the Harbingers of Dusk have invited me to attend a feast in my honor. I don't know who they are or exactly what they're celebrating me for. If I'm to find out, I must travel to Harbingers' Watch, the group's outpost at the Dead Floe - an expanding iceberg in the southern seas.
- Speak with Vatnir
- I've been informed that Vatnir, leader of the Harbingers of Dusk, can often be found preaching in a chapel located inside the settlement's central building. He should know why I've been summoned here.
- Investigate the disturbance outside
- Vatnir's sermon on my role in the end of the world and death of all things was interrupted by a loud commotion outside. The Harbingers were strangely elated by the noise. I should find out what's going on.
- Find Vatnir in Harbingers' Retreat
- Vatnir never made it outside. Now that I've slain the Harbingers' messenger - a decaying dragon - I should find the godlike and ask him what's going on.
- Vatnir is no longer in the sanctuary, but since I didn't see him outside, he must still be within Harbingers' Retreat.
- I exposed Vatnir to the Harbingers as a fraud. He fled, but not before mentioning a temple deep within the iceberg - a temple containing a tear in the fabric of reality that could serve as an entrance to the White Void.
- Vatnir told me of a temple frozen deep within the iceberg. Supposedly this temple contains a tear in the fabric of reality - an entrance to the White Void.
- I killed Vatnir. With his dying breath, he mentioned a temple within the iceberg containing a tear in the fabric of reality - an entrance to the White Void.