The Last Pilgrimage
|Quest Type||DLC Side Quest|
|Region||The Dead Floe|
The Rimebound Temple
The Last Pilgrimage is a Quest of the DLC, Beast of Winter in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Harbinger Brythe is looking for her sister on the Dead Floe, who joined an extremist cult of Rymrgand.
- Enter the Rimebound Temple.
- Seek signs of Ehrys.
- Deal with Brythe's sister.
- Return to Brythe at Harbingers' Dwelling.
- This quest is acquired after you complete The Higher-Ups.
- Travel to workshop inside The Rimebound Temple - Eastern Cavern and search for Ehrys, she is still alive, but she asks you to help transfer her soul to a construct.
- You can immediately turn her into a construct, which will result in her becoming a new, mindless construct. You can report to her sister, lying that she died or telling the truth. In the latter case, Brythe will try to find her sister in the temple and be promptly slaughtered by her sibling. To save her, you must convince her to remain at the Watch.
- Alternatively, you can reunite the sisters. To convince Ehrys, who had a divine revelation atop the iceberg, you need either Religion 8/Mystic background (pointing out that withering and rotting is a better form of worship), Insight 10 (deducing that she simply wants a better body), or a Laborer/Dissident background. Then you need either Religion 15, a Mystic background, or a Monk class (continuing the religious argument) or Diplomacy 14 to persuade her to accept herself. Vatnir can be used to make a case that she can inspire other Harbingers, resulting in an amusing response.
- If convinced to reunite with her sister, seek her out later at the Watch.
- The Last Pilgrimage
- It seems Brythe's sister Ehrys was among the pilgrims. She hopes I might find some sign of her within the Dead Floe.
- Enter the Rimebound Temple
- I didn't see anyone matching Ehrys' description at the Outcrop on High. The next place to search would be the temple frozen within the Dead Floe.
- Deal with Brythe's sister
- Ehrys is alive, though she seems insistent not only in remaining in the temple, but in transferring her soul into one of its guardian constructs.
- She's asked my help in the process, and I doubt she can accomplish it without a Watcher's talents.
- Return to Brythe at Harbingers' Dwelling
- Ehrys perished at the Rimebound Temple. Though I doubt she'll welcome the news, Brythe will certainly want to hear of her sister's fate.
- I helped Ehrys transfer her soul from her body into a rime construct. I should inform Brythe of her sister's fate.
- It took some convincing, but Ehrys agreed to return to her sister's side in Harbingers' Watch - assuming the Harbingers don't kill her when she arrives. I should probably make sure she got back to Brythe safely.
- I informed Brythe of her sister's passing. She was heartbroken but glad to know for sure her sister's fate.
- Horrified by her sister's transformation into a construct, Brythe left Harbingers' Watch to search out Ehrys at the Rimebound Temple.
- Though horrified by her sister's transformation into a construct, Brythe agreed not to seek her out at the Rimebound Temple.
- Brythe and Ehrys have been reunited at Harbingers' Watch. Brythe, at least, is overjoyed by the reunion.
- I told Brythe that Ehrys had died. It may have broken her heart, but at least she won't go looking for her sister.
- I told Brythe that I killed her sister Ehrys. Doing so did not endear me to her.
Tips & Tricks