The Proving is a Quest in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire.
- Talk to Steward in the Hold of your ship.
- Open the strange package found on your ship.
- Sail to Kazuwari in the western Deadfire sea.
- Venture deeper into Kazuwari
- Speak with Humaire
- The quest starts with the Steward (outside your cabin on the ship) talk to you about the situation and the mysterious box you received.
- Open the box and get the Muātu's Head, you will learn more about the quest from Muatu's spirit.
- Sail to the island of Kazuwari (west of Hasongo). Before you make a landing, you will meet one of Galawain's beasts, then by the god of the hunt himself.
- At Rebūtara Pass, some druids will try to stop you. Either deal with them diplomatically or fight them. ( 4 druids/rangers )
- If you have Konstanten in your party, he will tell you some information about the island.
- Visit the Pool of Memories in the Temple and complete all four challenges.
- You need to offer artifacts in exchange for new trials.
- Once you defeated the orlan, you can choose to return it to the Crucible and Kazuwari, channel it into Muatu, absorb it, or send the essence to the wheel. This has a direct effect on the endings.