Witch Tips & Builds
- A full list of builds for all classes can be found on the Builds page.
- Specific Witch Builds include: ??
- If you prefer a melee combat style, then your best choice is to choose the Soul Blade subclass, it basically boosts your melee damage and allows you to quickly gain enough focus to cast a Cipher Abilities (many of them can buff yourself, like Biting Whip, or weaken the enemies, like Secret Horrors).
- Due to unable to acquire higher level of abilities. you lack the means to heal yourself. Either team with a healer (Paladin, Priest), or chose some defense abilities like Bear's Fortitude.
- If prefer a caster style of fighting, try Ascendant subclass. You can quickly build up focus, and the soul whip effect will keep boost your damage while you are Ascended.
Bonus: Tenacious (+5 Might, + 2 Penetration) and Hardy (+5 Constitution, + 2 Armor Rating) are the Inspirations.
This replaces Strong (+5 Might) and Fit (+5 Constitution) Inspirations.
Gaint 30% Hit to Crit conversion on melee and carnage attacks while frenzied.
Penalty: Confused status inflicts -5 Intellect and turns all Carnage attacks into Friend or Foe, resulting in friendly fire.
Players also take Raw Damage at the rate of 2 Raw Damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, -10 Deflection. Cannot see Health when frenzied.
Penalty: All Rage abilities increase in cost by 1.
Bonus: Successful melee weapon attacks (or Carnage Hits) add Spell Disruption to the target, causing wizard, priest, druid, cipher, or chanter spells to have a chance to fail when cast. Gain +5% resistance against Spells.
Bonus: Max focus is increased by 5. Reaching Max focus grants "Ascended" effect temporarily, increasing power level and reducing power focus cost to 0. Soul Whip does not turn off while Ascended and provides more bonus damage during Ascended.
Penalty: While not Ascended, receive a penalty to Cipher's Power Level (-1). While not Ascended Soul Whip does much less damage, but generate more Focus. When Ascended fades, reduce focus to 0.
Bonus: Gains "Soul Annihilation" ability: a soul-enhanced melee strike that consumes the cipher's remaining power pool to converts it into Raw damage on the target. Shred Cipher spells cost less focus (-5).
Downing an enemy with a Melee Weapon temporarily grants Concentration (Prevents Interrupts) and raises Max Focus by +10 for 30.0 seconds.
Penalty: Max Focus is reduced by -5. (Combat starting amount as well begins at 2/25 vs 7/30 for Cipher)
Barbarian Abilities in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire are actions that may only be performed by characters of the Barbarian class or its hybrids. All abilities are divided into active and passive abilities. The Barbarian Ability Tree focuses on AoE and is well-complemented by a Builds that focus on dealing AoE and Weapon damage.
Cipher Abilities in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire are actions that may only be performed by characters of the Cipher class or its hybrids. All abilities are divided into active and passive abilities.
Arcane Knight ♦ Ascetic ♦ Battlemage ♦ Beastmaster ♦ Brawler ♦ Brute ♦ Cantor ♦ Celebrant ♦ Cleric ♦ Contemplative ♦ Crusader ♦ Fanatic ♦ Harbinger ♦ Herald ♦ Hierophant ♦ Holy Slayer ♦ Howler ♦ Hunter ♦ Inquisitor ♦ Itinerant ♦ Liberator ♦ Marauder ♦ Mindstalker ♦ Mystic ♦ Oracle ♦ Pathfinder ♦ Psyblade ♦ Ravager ♦ Sage ♦ Savage ♦ Scout ♦ Seer ♦ Shadowdancer ♦ Shaman ♦ Shepherd ♦ Sorcerer ♦ Spiritualist ♦ Swashbuckler ♦ Tempest ♦ Templar ♦ Thaumaturge ♦ Theurge ♦ Transcendent ♦ Universalist ♦ Votary ♦ Wanderer ♦ War Caller ♦ Warden ♦ Warlock ♦ Wildrhymer ♦ Zealot