Controls for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire are customizable to the player, however the default settings are listed on this page.
Pillars of Eternity 2 Controls
- Click onto the ground - Move a character or the party into the specific spot.
- Click onto an NPC - Talk to the NPC.
- Click onto an opponent - Attack the opponent.
- Click onto the map exit button - Leave a given location and bring up the world map.
- Click onto an interactive item - Use the item.
- Click onto the button or the icon of the interface bar - bring up the corresponding window, perform the specific action, use the specific item, etc.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag - Select multiple party members.
- Hold down the right mouse button and drag - Change the party's orientation.
- Hold down the middle mouse button and drag - move camera.
- Move the pointer to the edge of the screen - move camera.
- Use mouse scroll - Zoom in/out.
|Space||Pause the game. In this mode, you can issue orders to the party.|
|Tab||Highlight interactive objects (items, containers, switches, etc).|
|A||Change the pointer to the attack mode. This mode makes your character attack the NPC that you left-clicked onto, even if they are not hostile towards you, by default.|
|S||Enters free mode. It provides you with more time to perform an action, but unlike the SPACE key, it does not pause the game.|
|D||Enters fast mode (unavailable during combat).|
|F||Formation selection window|
|X||Cancellation of the action|
|G||Opens the grimoire (the spell book)|
|P||Party management window|
|1 to 6||Selects the individual party members|
|Backspace||Selects all party members|
|Arrow Keys||Move camera|