Aloth is a Companion in Pillars of Eternity 2. Companions assist the player by joining his/her party and have their own backstories and unique characteristcs. They all have their own Classes and equipment they begin with.
"A sharp-featured elf comes to the fore. As he meets your eyes, he gives you a knowing nod.
He's earned a few new scars, but you recognize Aloth Corfiser all the same."
You can recruit him after cleaning the Engwithan Digsite arena pit and speaking with Benessa. She introduces him to you as "Engferth", a new animancy trainee with few experience but glowing recommendations. Here you have an option to keep his secret or to disclose his real identity (of course, this wouldn't win you any points in his eyes).
If you reject his service for the first time, he'll go to Port Maje on his own and meet you near the stairs to Governor Clario's Estate; here you have to make a final decision to accept his company or to say farewell.
Aloth's Character Traits
Aloth's character traits slightly depend on his position towards the Leaden Key.
- Dutiful: admires people who take responsibility and don't shirk the tasks presented to them.
- Autonomy (if dismantles the Leaden Key): believes kith should have the freedom to determine their own futures and appreciates efforts that support this principle.
- Stewardship (if leads the Leaden Key): believes in benevolent authoritarianism.
- Irresponsibility: finds it distasteful when others do not take their duties seriously or attempt to evade their rightful responsibilities.
- Pride: is put off by people who proclaim their own merits in defiance of all decorum and decency.
- Traditional: is wary of traditionalism for its own sake and distrusts those who adhere rigidly to old habits and rituals.
Tips and Notes
Aloth will be a returning companion from Pillars of Eternity in which your choices in the first game will greatly affect his current position in Deadfire