Salt in the Wound is a Task of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Nera is annoyed that her younger brother, Larro, missed an appointment. He is likely somewhere in Queen's Berth. Nera wants him found and returned to the Bardatto estate as soon as possible.
- Find Larro Bardatto.
- Confront the duelists.
- Settle the conflict.
- You meet Nera Bardatto near Sanza's Map Emporium, she is searching for her brother.
- Larro Bardatto can be found behind distract's waterfall. However, he is engaged in a duel with Orso Valera.
- You now have three options:
- Allow the duel to continue, resulting in the death of one of two participants. Without your intervention, Orso will kill Larro. Note that you can bet ten copper on one of the participants at the cost of minor negative reputation with Vailian Trading Company.
- Break up the duel and chase the children away at the cost of minor negative reputation with Vailian Trading Company. (needs Might 18, Bluff 5 or Resolve 16)
- Propose an alternative with Diplomacy 3. Fighting to the first blood satisfies all parties.
- Nera Bardatto will reward you, speak to her mother to get next quest A Sinking Feeling.
- Salt in the Wound
- Nera Bardatto is worried that her younger brother, Larro, might be getting himself into trouble.
- (Alternate) Two young men of the Bardatto and Valera families appear to have chosen the waterfall above Queen's Berth's adra mill as the site for a duel.
- Find Larro Bardatto
- Nera told me that her younger brother, Larro, missed an appointment. He is likely somewhere in Queen's Berth. Nera wants him found and returned to the Bardatto estate as soon as possible.
- Nera mentioned that Larro and his friends often carouse at the tavern, the southwestern bridge, and behind the district's waterfall.
- Confront the duelists
- I have come upon a duel between two young men from the Bardatto and Valera families. They don't seem to appreciate the interruption. If I intervened, I wager I could see this through to an interesting end.
- Settle the conflict
- I found Larro engaged in a duel with Orso Valera. This falls squarely under the category of what Nera would call "trouble." I could find a way to break up the scene, or at least get the fight over with.
- Someone critical to the completion of this quest has been killed
- The duel has ended with Larro Bardatto as the victor. He doesn't seem all that pleased with the victory, but he suggested I speak with his mother, Ezzali Bardatto, if I'm keen on work.
- The duel has ended with Orso Valera as the victor. He doesn't seem all that pleased with the victory, but he invited me to the Valera estate.
- I chased both young fools away from the waterfall. They may decide to try their luck again - but not while I'm around, I think. It would appear that I'm only seeing one layer of a much deeper and more nuanced conflict between families.
- In the duel between Orso Valera and Larro Bardatto, I have emerged the only victor. I doubt their families will be pleased.
- Orso Valera has emerged the victor in this duel, and Larro Bardatto's face is a little less pretty for it. No one was killed, and both parties seem satisfied. All in a day's work.
- Larro Bardatto has emerged the victor in the duel - and Orso Valera has a new dueling scar to remember his loss by. No one was killed, and both parties seem satisfied. All in a day's work.