Chanter is a Class in Pillars of Eternity 2. Repositories of folk knowledge and common wisdom, tellers of tall tales and hallowed legends. They use their knowledge about old phrases to form chants during a battle. They have cycling lists of low power, high AoE passive buffs and debuffs and they can periodically use powerful invocation spells.
Chanter Tips & Builds
- A full list of builds for all classes can be found on the Builds page.
- Chanters passively "chant" while in combat, providing buffs and debuffs. This allows them to Multiclass effectively because they can melee, ranged attack or cast spells and this will still occur.
- Chants are made up of Phrases the player chooses when leveling up and have a wide variety of effects. Players can select the order and how often which Phrases are "chanted". You can repeat Phrases or not. Each Phrase takes 6 seconds to "chant", and this time cannot be reduced, except by the Brisk Recitation Ability that Troubadours have. Once Phrase is finished the Chanter immediately begins the next.
- Players gain the benefits of Phrases while they are being chanted and for a short time afterwards. This period afterwards is called "Linger". The Duration of the Linger of a Phrase can be extended by increasing Intellect. This makes it possible to have Linger periods that overlap, allowing for more than one buff to be active at once.
- Invocations are the spells Chanters use that require a certain amount of Phrases to have been "chanted". There are 3 types: Offensive Invocation, Non-Offensive Invocation and Summon Invocation. Some Invocations can be more than one type.
- Intellect increases the area around the Chanter that their Phrases can affect, which is why it's one of their highly recommended Attributes.
- Be sure to place your Chanter where you can hit all the targets you want with your Chants.
- Firearms or ranged weapons that need reloading are recommended for Chanters (except Skalds which need to melee) because they can reduce their Recovery Time and increase their Reload Speed with them.
- Dexterity does NOT reduce the time it takes to Chant a Phrase.
Bonus: All Invocations will summon twice the original number of creatures. Summon Invocations cost 1 Phrase less.
Creatures from all Invocations become immune to the Abjurationability of Paladins (who could otherwise destroy any creature that is their level, and deal raw damage to any equal or greater level creature)
Penalty: Non-Offensive Invocations have an increased cost of +1 Phrase.
Bonus: Linger for Phrases is increased significantly (this means that as one phrase ends and another starts, they overlap for a little while giving both effects).
Gain "Brisk Recitation" (Modal Abilities) that increases the rate that phrases elapse, but removes the linger.
Penalty: All Invocations have an increased cast cost of +1 Phrase (Chant)
|Howler: + Barbarian||43 Base +13 per level||20/20||17||25||20||20|
|Spiritualist: + Cipher||39 Base +9 per level||20/20||20||20||17||27|
|Theurge: + Druid||40 Base +10 per level||20/20||20||20||22||20|
|War Caller: + Fighter||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||22||20||17|
|Cantor: + Monk||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||20||22||25|
|Herald: + Paladin||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||22||17||25|
|Celebrant: + Priest||40 Base +10 per level||20/20||20||20||20||25|
|Wildrhymer: + Ranger||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||20||20||22|
|Harbinger: + Rogue||40 Base +10 per level||20/20||20||17||25||22|
|Loremaster: + Wizard||39 Base +9 per level||20/20||20||17||20||27|
Chanter Multiclass Skill Table
|Howler: + Barbarian||-||1||1||-||-||1||1||1||1||2||-||1||-||-||-||1|
|Spiritualist: + Cipher||-||1||-||-||1||2||-||2||1||1||1||-||1||-||-||-|
|Theurge: + Druid||1||1||-||1||-||1||-||1||1||1||-||-||1||1||-||1|
|War Caller: + Fighter||-||1||1||1||-||1||-||1||1||1||-||1||-||-||1||1|
|Cantor: + Monk||1||1||1||-||-||1||-||1||1||1||1||-||1||1||-||-|
|Herald: + Paladin||-||2||1||-||-||1||-||1||2||1||-||1||-||1||-||-|
|Celebrant: + Priest||1||2||-||-||-||1||-||1||2||2||-||-||-||1||-||-|
|Wildrhymer: + Ranger||1||1||-||-||-||1||1||2||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||1|
|Harbinger: + Rogue||-||1||-||-||1||1||1||2||1||1||1||-||-||-||1||-|
|Loremaster: + Wizard||-||2||-||1||-||1||-||1||1||2||1||-||1||-||-||-|
Chanter Abilities in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire are actions that may only be performed by characters of the Chanter class or its hybrids. All abilities are divided into active and passive abilities.
The Chanter Ability Tree characterizes for focusing on ?? and is well-complemented by a ?? build.
Chanter Tips & Builds