Paladin is a class in Pillars of Eternity 2. Extremely devoted, often fanatical, soldiers who have pledged themselves to a chosen cause or organization. They can inspire nearby allies and have the ability to quickly assist their allies with targeted commands.
"Paladins are martial zealots, devoted to a god, a ruler, or even a way of life. They can be found in any culture where a fanatical group of like-minded individuals have formed a warrior society dedicated to advancing their cause. Among those aligned to their worldview, paladins are viewed with respect and admiration, if a bit of fear. Many paladins hold leadership positions in armies and mercenary companies, but in the heat of battle their fanaticism often overrules the chain of command - and common sense."
Paladin Tips & Builds
- A full list of builds for all classes can be found on the Builds page.
- Paladins are one of the best Multiclassing classes in the game because of their Sworn Enemy and Flames of Devotion abilities. Both can be used at range, and Sworn Enemy increases spell damage as well as weapon damage by 20%.
- Paladins have "Auras" that grant various effects in an AoE around the Paladin. These Auras can be upgraded to more powerful versions, and they do affect summons, unless otherwise specified.
- Intellect increases the radius of Paladin Auras.
- Flames of Devotion gives +10 Accuracy on attack. This is the highest Accuracy bonus to any Ability in the game as of the Beta (tied with Accurate Wounding Shot). Because of this, Paladins can get away with much lower Perception.
- Aegis of Loyalty doesn't seem to remove the Confused status of Berserker Barbarians while they are Frenzied.
- Paladins are the only martial class that doesn't have a penalty for selecting a Subclass.
Bonus: Gain Flames of Devotion. Flames of Devotion deals additional +15% Corrode damage (Black Flames) and applies the Sickened Affliction to targets, reducing their Constitution by -5 and incoming healing by -25%.
Bonus: Gain Sworn Enemy. Sworn Enemy gains the upgrade "Gilded Enmity" which causes the paladin to be imbued with a blessing of gold when they declare a Sworn Enemy. The paladin receives bonus Armor Rating (+4) until struck enough times for the gold to break.
|Fanatic: + Barbarian||44 Base +14 per level||20/20||17||27||17||20|
|Herald: + Chanter||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||22||17||25|
|Inquisitor: + Cipher||40 Base +10 per level||20/20||20||22||15||27|
|Liberator: + Druid||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||25||20||22|
|Crusader: + Fighter||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||22||22||17||20|
|Votary: + Monk||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||20||22||20||25|
|Templar: + Priest||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||22||17||25|
|Shepherd: + Ranger||42 Base +12 per level||20/20||20||22||17||22|
|Holy Slayer: + Rogue||41 Base +11 per level||20/20||20||17||22||22|
|Arcane Knight: + Wizard||40 Base +10 per level||20/20||20||17||17||27|
Paladin Multiclass Skill Table
|Fanatic: + Barbarian||-||1||2||-||-||-||1||-||1||1||-||2||-||1||-||1|
|Herald: + Chanter||-||2||1||-||-||1||-||1||2||1||-||1||-||1||-||-|
|Inquisitor: + Cipher||-||1||1||-||1||1||-||1||1||-||1||1||1||1||-||-|
|Liberator: + Druid||1||1||1||1||-||-||-||-||1||-||-||1||1||2||-||1|
|Crusader: + Fighter||-||1||2||1||-||-||-||-||1||-||-||2||-||1||1||1|
|Votary: + Monk||1||1||2||-||-||-||-||-||1||-||1||1||1||2||-||-|
|Templar: + Priest||1||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||2||1||-||1||-||2||-||-|
|Shepherd: + Ranger||1||1||1||-||-||-||1||1||2||-||-||1||-||1||-||1|
|Holy Slayer: + Rogue||-||1||1||-||1||-||1||1||1||-||1||1||-||1||1||-|
|Arcane Knight: + Wizard||-||2||1||1||-||-||-||-||1||1||1||1||1||-||-||-|
Paladin Abilities in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire are actions that may only be performed by characters of the Paladin class or its hybrids. All abilities are divided into active and passive abilities.
The Paladin Ability Tree characterizes for focusing on ?? and is well-complemented by a ?? build.
Paladin Tips & Builds