Black Jacket is a Subclass in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Subclasses are a specialization of a main Class, and can be mixed for Multiclassing. The name of the resulting mix will be the same as it would have been for the primary class, regardless of the subclass you have taken.
"Fighters of the Black Jacket academies pride themselves on being skilled with a wide variety of weapons. Though the original school was founded in the Dyrwood, many sister academies have sprung up across the Eastern Reach and Old Empires. Former students of the Black Jacket often wear black brigandine as a sign of fellowship."
Black Jacket Subclass Information
Bonus: Start with an additional Weapon Set and Weapon Proficiency. Reduced Recovery time penalty by 1s when switching weapons.
Penalty: Loses Constant Recovery.
Black Jacket Tips & Notes
- See Builds for ideas on how to create strong characters
- Black Jackets can switch Weapons faster than other Fighters or Classes.
- Be sure to take the Weapon Specialization passive to increase your damage with all weapons you have Proficiency in.
- Black Jackets are ideal for builds that use lots of Firearms because they can swap them for great burst damage without having to reload.
- Because Black Jackets lose Constant Recovery, consider pumping Athletics to boost Second Wind healing.
Animist ♦ Ascendant ♦ Assassin ♦ Beckoner ♦ Beguiler ♦ Berath ♦ Berserker ♦ Bleak Walkers ♦ Conjurer ♦ Corpse-Eater ♦ Darcozzi Paladini ♦ Devoted ♦ Enchanter ♦ Eothas ♦ Evoker ♦ Fury ♦ Ghost Heart ♦ Goldpact Knights ♦ Harvester of Gaun ♦ Helwalker ♦ Illusionist ♦ Kind Wayfarers ♦ Lifegiver ♦ Mage Slayer ♦ Magran ♦ Nalpazca ♦ Rymrgand ♦ Sharpshooter ♦ Shattered Pillar ♦ Shifter ♦ Skaen ♦ Skald ♦ Soul Blade ♦ Stalker ♦ Stormspeaker ♦ Streetfighter ♦ The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga ♦ Transmuter ♦ Trickster ♦ Troubadour ♦ Unbroken ♦ Wael ♦ Watershaper ♦ Wild Mind