Mage Slayer is a Subclass of Barbarian in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Subclasses are a specialization of a main Class, and can be mixed for Multiclassing. The name of the resulting mix will be the same as it would have been for the primary class, regardless of the subclass you have taken.
"Mage slayers are typically from isolated communities that have little exposure to academics of any sort and have a general distrust for magical arts. The exposure they do have is usually hostile, and mage slayers are trained to deal with them in the most efficient way possible. Swearing off the use of many magical devices, mage slayers inure themselves to magical effects to better fight spellcasters."
Mage Slayer Subclass Information
- Successful melee weapon attacks (or Carnage Hits) add Spell Disruption to the target, causing wizard, priest, druid, cipher, or chanter spells to have a chance to fail when cast.
- Gain 25% passive Resistance against Spells.
Mage Slayer Tips & Notes
- See Builds for ideas on how to create strong characters
- Mage Slayers are excellent for dealing with enemy casters, disrupting their spells.
- Ciphers and Rangers are good choices for Multiclassing, because Ciphers gain permanent weapon damage bonus and Rangers have a permanent pet.
Ancient ♦ Animist ♦ Arcane Archer ♦ Ascendant ♦ Assassin ♦ Beckoner ♦ Beguiler ♦ Bellower ♦ Berath ♦ Berserker ♦ Black Jacket ♦ Bleak Walkers ♦ Blood Mage ♦ Conjurer ♦ Corpse-Eater ♦ Darcozzi Paladini ♦ Debonaire ♦ Devoted ♦ Enchanter ♦ Eothas ♦ Evoker ♦ Forbidden Fist ♦ Fury ♦ Fury Shaper ♦ Ghost Heart ♦ Goldpact Knights ♦ Harvester of Gaun ♦ Helwalker ♦ Illusionist ♦ Kind Wayfarers ♦ Lifegiver ♦ Magran ♦ Nalpazca ♦ Psion ♦ Rymrgand ♦ Sharpshooter ♦ Shattered Pillar ♦ Shifter ♦ Skaen ♦ Skald ♦ Soul Blade ♦ Stalker ♦ Stormspeaker ♦ Streetfighter ♦ Tactician ♦ The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga ♦ The Steel Garrote ♦ Transmuter ♦ Trickster ♦ Troubadour ♦ Unbroken ♦ Wael ♦ Watershaper ♦ Wild Mind ♦ Woedica